Welcome to the MicroShowcase, located down an alley just north of the U.S. Capitol. Currently we are many (small) things:
- a growing display of five high quality micro structures, all under 350 ft2
- an educational site for a tiny house built by local high school students from the Academy of Construction and Design
- a showcase of sustainable technologies: off grid solar, rainwater capture/treatment, off grid cooking & food storage, micro-furnishings and more
- an organic demonstration garden, micro-orchard of 15 fruit trees, and apiary
- a community studio space (soon bookable free online)
- outdoor event/art space
Everything here is commerce-free, tours are gratis. The mission? To inspire exploration on how to live well, sustainably. To bring together architects, designers, planners, developers, and doers who design/build/live micro. To have a creative community space. To test what’s possible.