the deal is done!
After a month of searching and two months of negotiation, we just closed on the lot today! Thanks to the transfer the DC government received over $3000 in back taxes owed by the seller. We hope to be much better stewards of this space than the previous owner, and engage neighbors on the project. The April priorities are to:
- reach out to the local ANC Commissioner and the neighborhood association
- stop illegal parking on the lot, which has been an annoyance to adjoining neighbors
- get a DCRA permit to remove broken concrete around the lot to decrease rainfall runoff and improve the lot appearance
- stake out the initial site layout based on the site plan
- get 10+ large fruit trees in the ground before spring is over
- complete the Pepco power hookup